Thursday, May 24, 2007

I accidentally DVRed the White House Press conference this morning, so I decided to watch it. This is an actual quote from President Bush concerning the trade deficit in China.

"One area I've been disappinted in is beef. They need
to be eatin' US beef.(pause) It's good for
them.(pause) They'll like it. "

Yes, the president of the United States is speaking about China as if it were a three year old who won't eat its vegetables. And yes, The man some consider to be the leader of the free world cannot speak in complex sentences. And yes, he considers part of the solution to the trade defecit with China to be US beef. (I'm pretty sure that sending beef all the way to fucking China is not in keeping with the benefits of local, sustainable agriculture.)

This was not the only thing that outraged me today. (Anybody who knows me, knows that it is never just ONE thing anymore.)

After listening to the President threaten a reporter who dared to question the President's Iraq policy,("The terrorist want to kill your children." Or something like that.) I found out that the Dems in congress caved on the Iraq war funding bill and essentially gave Bush another blank check. And then I found out that we are exercising naval might outside of Iran in what seems to be preparation for the next catastrophic policy decision by Bush.

America, Where the FUCK is your outrage. Every day I read the news and get angrier and angrier. I want to fight, I want to do something, I want the rest of the world to know that most of America doesn't like what's happening. That we don't agree with Bush's policy of Unilateralism. But I am greeted with silence. Yes, there are a few loud voices out there, but they are the same voices that we've been hearing since the war started. We need more voices. We need people to step away from American Idol and Lost and realize that their constitutional rights are being chipped away at as we speak. We need people to rally together, to tell the government that what is happening here at home (Health care crisis, Impossible costs of higher education, Gas prices, and Unemployment) are all more important than pursuing unnecessesary military operations at the cost of American taxpayers.

America, Get Angry!!!! And channel that anger into writing letters to your senators and representatives. Into organizing rallys and protests. Into doing something, anything to stop an administration that has clearly overstepped its boundaries.

1 comment:

Bobby Mauger said...

So I was reading your blog, and this one back to back. They compliment each other kinda nicely, and I got a kick out of both.

Good luck fighting the good fight.